Power surges occur as a result of a sudden increase in the electrical current flowing to your power outlet. While most commonly thought of as being caused by lightning storms, power surges are actually most commonly caused by the operation of high-powered electrical devices such as elevators, refrigerators and air conditioners.
The good news is that, unlike a lightning storm, these are all factors you can protect yourself against by employing effective surge protection techniques.
The other good news is that we at Starpoint Electrical Services provide services to assist you in this regard.
How does surge protection work?
Surge protection comes in the form of a simple, inexpensive safety switch. This switch detects an overload of electrical current in your electrical system and shuts off the power immediately. Whether this overload is caused by a lightning storm, faulty appliance or bad wiring, safety switches are effective in reducing the risk of electrical shock or fire.
Australian Wiring Rules – officially known as AS3000 – mandate that these switches be installed by qualified electrical professionals, which is where Starpoint electrical Services comes in!
Safety Switches minimise the risk to your life and the life of others.
As electrical appliances get old, they become a risk of causing electric shock. So too those frayed extension lead cords, or overloaded power points.
Safety switches save lives, which is why they are compulsory in all new buildings.
Interested in our services? Give us a call!
If you’re interested in the surge protection services we’ve outlined on this web page, give us a call. We’d love to discuss the specifics of your property, provide you with an on-site evaluation and give you a quote.